the low end theory: isitscary: What exactly is... →
isitscary: What exactly is Obamacare and what does it change? abaldwin360: abaldwin360: big thanks to reddit user CaspianX2 for typing all this out! What people call “Obamacare” is actually the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. However, people were calling it…
I will remember the kisses, our lips raw with love, and how you gave me...– Charles Bukowski (via dreamhampton1)
Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the...– Mary Anne Radmacher (via monamade) Courage. (via jonubian)
So This Is What Happened
Korra Fans of Color: Korra's not White. Her skin is a little bit darker than what you depicted. Stop the whitewashing please.
White Korra Fans: Omg fuck you she's not Black!
Korra Fans of Color: We never said that Korra was Black, we just said--
White Korra Fans: Maybe we should draw Korra with afro puffs while she's waterbending grape drink, instead!
Non-Black Korra Fans of Color: Although that's racist, and whitewashing is wrong, she really ISN'T Black. She's Brown.
Black Korra Fans: How you gonna do that to us, now? We know she's Brown. We never said she was Black--
White Korra Fans: GRAPE DRINK BENDING GRAPE DRINK BENDING!
Non-Black Korra Fans of Color: She's not Black.
Black Korra Fans: We KNOW--
White Korra Fans: YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, SHE'S NOT BLAAAACK! SHE'S NOT BLAAAACK! I THINK I'M THE ONLY ONE IN THIS FANDOM WHO REALIZES SHE'S NOT BLACK!
Non-Black Korra Fans of Color: Yeah, I know White people are being racist as usual, but she definitely isn't Black.
Black Korra Fans: What the--
White Korra Fans: GRAPE DRINK BENDING GRAPE DRINK BENDING! Avatar Korraniqua!
Non-Black Korra Fans of Color: She's not Black.
Black Korra Fans: Garbage ass bitches.
all the YES in the world.
alittledizzy: What was that, you said, dearest twitter? New Farscape material, was it? With at the very least, Ben and Rockne? Is that right? Am I hearing you right? omg. but… what is that thing on Ben’s face?
Black Tumblr, UNITE!!!?
notesonascandal: beautifulcurare: bad-dominicana: fuckyeahasianmen: blackraincloud: anomaly1: theelectricrelaxation: cynique: talldarkbishoujo: sourcedumal: zoramagia: razycrandomcunt: silencearticulated: sultan-minutes: theeducatedfieldnegro: The gif makes it. Zoramagia reporting for duty! Source Du Mal ready to cut a heaux. enterblaqgifhere ...
62 Things the Avengers are Not Allowed to Do.
1. Tony is not allowed to replace the entire contents of the cafeteria with pop-tarts just because Thor has declared it the ‘food of the gods.’
2. Natasha is not allowed to interrogate new S.H.I.E.L.D. employees and dispose of the ones she deems unworthy.
3. Clint is not allowed to continue insisting that is the final step of the interview process to terrified new hires.
4. Tony is not allowed to broadcast sing-along songs into the Hulk-cage, no matter amusing he finds teaching Hulk “Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn around”
5. Clint is not allowed to put the security feed of the Hulk’s Teddy Bear dance on Youtube.
6. Bruce is not allowed to hack into personnel files to look up blackmail material on Director Fury.
7. Tony is not allowed to insist that he’s already done so and that Fury’s middle name is Rainbow Sprinkles…. Because it isn’t.
8. Thor is not allowed to be naked at Headquarters. Ever.
9. Steve is not allowed to address any female S.H.I.E.L.D. agents as ‘little lady,’ ‘broad,’ or ‘dame.’ It only ends in getting slapped.
10. Agent Coulson’s name isn’t “Mom.”
11. Director Fury should never again be addressed as “Dad”
12. Agent Hill is not the Avenger’s wicked stepmother.
13. Clint is not allowed to lurk in the shadowy rafters spying on people, unless specifically instructed to do so for an official S.H.I.E.L.D. sanctioned mission.
14. ‘Operation Irritate the Fuck Out of Nick Fury’ is not an official mission, no matter what Tony or Natasha say to the contrary.
15. Debriefings should not be preceded by tequila shots.
16. Debriefings should not be followed by tequila shots.
17. There are to be no shots of any kind during debriefings.
18. Thor and Hulk will wait to fight until after the battle is over.
19. Tony Stark is not God’s gift to women.
20. The Avengers do not need matching uniforms.
21. Tony and Bruce are not allowed to have a contest to see who can make a bigger “boom” in the lab.
22. Thor is not allowed to join in and make the biggest boom with his hammer.
23. The Avengers will not be celebrating Steve’s 94th birthday.
24. The laboratory is not Tony and Bruce’s ‘Super Secret Genius Clubhouse.’ They are not allowed to bar entry to employees based on IQ test results.
25. The Avengers are not making a promotional pin-up calendar. Or a sex tape.
26. Iron Man is not making a promotional pin-up calendar. Or a sex tape.
27. Tony Stark is not making a promotional pin-up calendar. Or a sex tape.
28. Thor is not allowed to ‘bring down the wrath of Odinson’ on the person who ate the last package of pop-tarts.
29. Pants are not optional at team meetings.
30. ‘Pepper said it was okay’ is not a good enough reason to defy a director order from command.
31. The words “What’s the worst that could happen?” are never to be uttered on a mission ever again.
32. MC Hammer did not write Thor a theme song.
33. Gumby is not the love child of Bruce Banner and Reed Richards.
34. Natasha and Clint are not allowed to impersonate members of the clergy ever again. Ever.
35. Blasting ‘Don’t Worry, Be Happy’ at top volume into Bruce’s room on loop overnight is not an effective way to suppress the Hulk.
36. Hawkeye is not sitting in the rafters waiting to pick off people playing Galaga on their computer during work hours.
37. Tony is not allowed to bribe Natasha and Clint to physically, emotionally or psychologically torture General Ross for being ‘a great big douchebucket’ and ‘being mean to Brucie-kins.’
38. Steve is ‘Captain America’ not ‘Captain New York and those 49 other, lesser states.’
39. ‘Hulk SMASH!’ is not an effective diplomatic policy.
40. Tony is not allowed to buy the Dodgers and move them back to Brooklyn to apologize for lighting Steve’s hair on fire.
41. The phrase ‘Trust me, I’m a doctor’ never leads anywhere good.
42. It is not funny to dare Bruce to drink three quarts of green food coloring before a urine test.
43. Steve is not to be introduced as ‘Captain Tightpants’ or ‘The All-American Virgin.’
44. The Avengers do not ‘charge into battle, naked like the Celts.’ Except for The Hulk. Sometimes.
45. Natasha’s glare is not in fact fatal. Tony is not allowed to continue implying that it is.
46. Tony is not allowed to convince Bruce to help him make death ray goggles so that it will be.
47. The Avengers are not allowed to overthrow the American government, just because they didn’t like the results from the last election.
48. The Avengers are not allowed to overthrow any government, without checking in with S.H.I.E.L.D. first.
49. Clint is not allowed to sell Thor any ‘magic beans.’
50. Natasha and Clint are not allowed to try to sell Tony to another planet, even if they are promised really cool new weapons in exchange.
51. Tony and Bruce are not allowed to go to any science conferences without a chaperone.
52. A robot Tony built does not count as a chaperone.
53. Nikola Tesla is not a vampire being held in the bowels of S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters.
54. Tony and Bruce are not allowed to go searching for him in the name of Science!
55. Clint’s super-power is not ‘being super-annoying.’
56. The following words and phrases are never to be uttered over communication devices during an active mission ever again: “Exploring sexuality,” “Necrophilia,” “It’s getting hot in herr, so take off all your clothes,” “I hate everyone on this mission and I wish they’d die in a fire,” “Nick Fury can go suck on a big bag of sausages,” references to Bruce’s giant stash of weed, mention of anyone’s erection, or “Shawarma.”
57. If it makes Tony giggle for more than 30 seconds, it isn’t allowed.
58. If it makes Natasha crack a smile, it’s probably illegal.
59. Thor taking Jane to see Asgard does not count as an alien abduction. Clint should stop referring to it as such.
60. Just because Bruce agreed to work in Tony’s lab, does not mean he needs to get a “Property of Stark Industries” tattoo.
61. Tony is not allowed to design a robot to draw said tattoo on Bruce when he falls asleep in the lab.
62. Post-mission reports to Director Fury should not start out ‘So let me explain…’
bell hooks resources
themindislimitless: If you have any more, or alternate links just in case these ever get removed, feel free to add to the list. Pass the resources along! Understanding Patriarchy (pdf) (from erosum) We Real Cool: Black Men and Masculinity (pdf). Also here. Where We Stand: Class Matters (pdf) Feminism Is For Everybody (pdf) Remembered Rapture: Dancing With Words (pdf)
mind-tardis: nightmareloki: I AM SO GLAD I PRESSED PLAY. Reblogging again because of obvious reasons lmfaooooooo
NC school strip searches 10-year-old over $20 he... →
notesonascandal: karnythia: coldeyesthatburn: sinidentidades: An elementary school in Clinton, North Carolina says an assistant principal was within her legal rights when she stripped a 10-year-old boy down to his underwear because he had been accused of stealing $20. Clarinda Cox told WRAL that her son, Justin, was forced to take off everything but his underwear and undershirt earlier this...
A black male could not offer his hand (to shake hands) with a white male because...– Jim Crow Etiquette Just a little more history for the folks who think slavery was the end of racism in America. (via karnythia)
Jim Crow laws touched every aspect of everyday life. For example, in 1935,...– Jim Crow Laws Just a little more info about life after slavery ended. Bear in mind these laws didn’t all go off the books until the 1990’s. (via karnythia)
The Jim Crow laws and system of etiquette were undergirded by violence, real and...– What was Jim Crow? (via karnythia)
Put your iTunes on shuffle and see the soundtrack...
Opening credits: Red Paint - Matt & Kim
Waking up: Hurt Me Soul - Lupe Fiasco
Falling in love: Five Man Army - Massive Attack (uhhhh...)
Fight song: What More Can I Say - Jay-Z
Breaking up: Triumph - Wu-Tang (rofl nailed it)
Getting back together: Why Does it Hurt So Bad - Whitney Houston
Wedding: Eyes to the Sky - Foreign Exchange
Birth of child: Dancehall - J*Davey
Final battle: All Tied Up - Robin Thicke (lmao *crosses fingers*)
Death scene: Miss Vicious - Fefe Dobson
Funeral song: Closer - Corinne Bailey Rae
End credits: Clap (One Day) - Pharoahe Monch